2006年11月6日 星期一

an inconvenient truth





The day before the mid-term of MEMS, I really felt reluctant to memorize



so many boring, stupid details of how to fabricate devices.



I saw the movie, an inconvenient truth, instead.



That is my second tmie seeing the movie, my first time is on the flight to LA.









Just like others' feeling, it is very convincing that the problem of global



warming was presented by the vice president of US, Al Gore. The science



evidences desribed by Gore really make people to recognize the



catastraphe that human beings face. before I saw it again, a friend



discussed the movie and the book, State of Fear, with me. I think the



subject of that discussion was at level of belief. and now I prefer to



skip it and believe the global warming is a truth, an inconvenient one.







Assume the global warming is a truth, why is it still diffult to solved?



The film includes many segments, slides, graphs intended to refute



the critics which say global warming is unproven or insignificant.



These segments were interplated by many life events of Gore, his childhood,



the loss of presidential election ...etc., they make the film more



emotional, dromatic, successful as well as more political. unfortunately,



it is almost unavoitable to be a big mess whenever a simple scientific



issue/truth gets involved in politics. Now control of carbin dioxide and



emission trading are not moral/environmental issues but political ones.



another fault in this film is pointed out by a friend of mine.



The whole film don't show the efforts made by other environmental groups



There are a lot of grassroots movements held by other unfamous people



in the world. Don't make Gore like a hero/ savior.



沒有留言:

張貼留言