2007年1月14日 星期日

[閒聊] Blood Diamond

I really recommond my friends to see the movie, Blood Dismond.

It is a hollywood film and never make you feel bored. however, beyond its

old-fasioned story, it shows us the facts about where and how the diamonds

we use are from. It also make us think about the suffering and conflict that

caused by every natural resource on our planet(ivory, gold, diamond,

lands, drinking water, nuclear energy, ....).It also remind me an other

film, Lord of War. Both of them tell a story happened in Africa and greatly

related to us, power, politics, humanity,etc. Who knows,

maybe the diamond in your hand is polished by many peoples blood and their

life.

after seeing the film, I saw a comment online which comes from a guy living

in Sierra Leone, the country in which the film set. I post it here hoping

it will be helpful to you.

-----------------------------





Because I lived in Sierra Leone, in fact in Kono, the diamond-mining area of

the country, for three years, I had to see Blood Diamond as soon as it came

out. It is an excellent movie. Although it was not filmed in Sierra Leone, it

captures the reality of the country to a remarkable degree. There is a great

deal of violence in this movie, but that violence is organic, realistic,

fitting to what happened there. They even manage to convey the fact that the

people are as astonished by this violence as we are; Sierra Leone used to be

one of the safest countries in the world. The movie tells the facts about

conflict diamonds quickly and accurately. DiCaprio's performance is

impressive, certainly the best by him I've ever seen: he is totally

believable as a white African. Jennifer Connelly's role is much smaller but

she makes the most of it. Djiman Housou has enormous physical presence as the

brave Mende fisherman. This movie just gets so many things right that the few

places it departs from reality are entirely forgivable. I would heartily

recommend this movie to everyone; it is the best Hollywood movie I've seen in

years.

沒有留言:

張貼留言