2006年8月11日 星期五

Running hard when it's hot



I arrived 至善 park on a July day morning at 6 a.m..



Just sleeping 3 hr. at the last night, I felt the temperature which seemed to be



35 degrees or above made me feel unbearable. The city was hot and humid.



A big challenge I would face is a race of 10 KM marathon. I had no spacial



preparation for this game. I met robert, geee and geee's girl friend.



She took a picture for us, then we went to the starting point with



the other participants. After I stretched my body, the gun went off.



The race began.







The slope went up until the turning point. I still could keep my usual



pace in this course. Although it was a part of descent after the turning


point, I guadually felt as though I could not take a full breath and could



not keep up my usual pace. In the final part of the course, when Robert



started to speed up and sprinted, the heat started to make me feel tired and



to fall behind Robert. I recognized that a little dehydration made my



performance decline. It took me about 54 min to finish the race.



The lesson I learned this time is to drink as much as possible before the



next race.







3 則留言:

  1. GEE 寫的賀寶芙路跑賽

    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gee22222&article_id=3534968

    回覆刪除
  2. Be sure to drink more water at the

    usual time. The suffucuent water

    content will help you to release the

    heat when you are running by sweat.

    We all hope you can keep pratice the

    running. Maybe someday, we can see a

    subsection of Big-Foot in L.A..

    回覆刪除
  3. Thx for your remindering.

    I will do that next time.

    回覆刪除